UN Sustainable Development Goals
UN Sustainable Development Goals – alignment with Fondita funds
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or Global Goals – are a collection of 17 interlinked global goals designed to be “a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.” The SDGs were set up in 2015 by the United Nations General Assembly and are intended to be achieved by 2030. The lists of targets and indicators for each of the 17 SDGs were published in a UN resolution in July 2017. Each goal typically has eight to twelve targets, and each target has between one and four indicators used to measure progress toward reaching the targets. The 17 goals are the following:
- NO POVERTY. End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- ZERO HUNGER. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- GOOD HEALTH & WELL-BEING. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- QUALITY EDUCATION. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- GENDER EQUALITY. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- AFFORDABLE & CLEAN ENERGY. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- DECENT WORK & ECONOMIC GROWTH. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- INDUSTRY, INNOVATION & INFRASTRUCTURE. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- REDUCED INEQUALITIES. Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- SUSTAINABLE CITIES & COMMUNITIES. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- CLIMATE ACTION. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- LIFE BELOW WATER. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- LIFE ON LAND. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss.
- PEACE, JUSTICE & STRONG INSTITUTIONS. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- PARTNERSHIP FOR THE GOALS. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.